2K550 flame-retardant abrasion resistant conformal coating is a solvent-free two-part polyurethane conformal coating. It has been carefully formulated to combine the protection and properties of an encapsulation resin, while keeping the ease of application of a conformal coating. 2K550 is formulated for application using specially designed applicators from both PVA (VPX-2KS) and Nordson Asymtek (Latest in the AM Range) selective coating machines. 2K550 is applied more thickly than the average coating (150-350μm) providing excellent edge coverage over component leads and packages, while its extreme flexibility prevents cracking during thermal shock testing.
As with 2K500, 2K550 offers additional abrasion resistance compared to the other 2K range whilest having the additional benefit of being flame retardant, meeting UL94 V-0.
As with the other 2K range of conformal coatings 2K550 is a hydrophobic coating which gives excellent water and moisture protection including salt mists making it an excellent choice for automotive electronics as well as other tough outdoor applications. Read our Article on comparisons verses traditional coatings for more info.
*Two Part System requires 2K550 as Part A and 2KPB as reaction agent, please refer to the product TDS for recommended mix ratios.
- Two-part conformal coating system
- Meets UL94 V-0
- Highly flexible coating, low stress on components
- Hydrophobic; demonstrates good water-immersion, salt mist and condensation resistance
- Good solvent resistance
- Excellent coverage, even over difficult geometries
- Meets requirements of IPC-CC-830C, MIL-I-46058C, IEC 61086
- Meets BMW Group Standard requirement GS95011-5
- RoHS Compliant & REACH Compliant